To register and vote, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a resident of Idaho and Minidoka County for 30 days preceding the election
- Have reached 18 years of age
You are not eligible to vote if you have been convicted of a felony and your rights have not been restored. Rights are restored upon completion of full sentence.
Register to Vote
You may register to vote (PDF)
by mail or in person at the Minidoka County Courthouse
. Registration is subject to dates on the Calendar and Information by Idaho Votes (side bar to your left).
Same Day Registration
In Idaho we also have same day registration, which gives you the privilege to register on Election Day. In order to register and vote on Election Day you must:
- Appear in person
- Have photo identification (ID) and proof of 30-day residency such as a:
- Drivers license
- Idaho ID card
- Any document which contains a valid address in the precinct you reside with a photo identification card.
You need to register again if you have:
- Changed your name
- Moved to a different address
- Not voted within the last 4 years