- Juvenile Detention
- Organizational Structure
An Executive Board consisting of the following members governs the
Mini-Cassia Juvenile Detention Center:
- 1 elected County Commissioner from each county
- The elected Prosecuting Attorney from each county
- The elected Sheriff from each county
The Mini-Cassia Juvenile Detention Center shall employ a full-time administrator that reports directly to the Executive Board, and who shall be responsible for the programming as well as employment and supervision of detention officers, clerical staff, and other staff members.
The Mini-Cassia Juvenile Detention Center employs:
- 1 full-time director
- 1 full-time deputy director
- 11 full-time detention officers
- Approximately 10 part-time, on-call detention officers
- A half-time custodian
- A contracted registered nurse
Detention Center staff members are well-trained, positive role models that have received detention officer certification through the state Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) program.
Employment applications are accepted anytime and can be picked up at the Detention Center. Interviews will be conducted only when either a full-time or part-time position is open, and when authorized by the Executive Board.